This year’s topic is “Cybersecurity of Smart Peripheral Devices (Mobiles / IoT / Edge)”.
It is subtitled “Cybersecurity of semi-autonomous connected devices deployed at the periphery of an information system, close to its data sources and sinks”.
This topic is detailled in a dedicated page.
In this context, C&ESAR solicits submissions presenting didactic surveys, innovative solutions, or insightful experience reports on the subject “Cybersecurity of Smart Peripheral Devices (Mobiles / IoT / Edge)”.
The scope covers:
all steps of cybersecurity, from system design to operational cyberdefense or pentesting, including DevSecOps loops and disposal/retirement of equipment and systems;
all types of systems and devices related to Smart Peripheral Devices (SPDs): mobiles (including smartphones), IoT and lightweight semi-autonomous Edge computing.
The topics include (without being limited to them, and in relation to cybersecurity and SPDs) those mentioned above and below:
- Wireless connectivity technologies (5G/6G, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Z-Wave, LoRa, NB-IoT, Cat M1, Starlink, …)
- Peripheral network protocols (ad hoc networks, mesh routing protocols, 5G network protocols, …)
- Cryptography (lightweight cryptography, multi-party key agreement with little infrastructure support, 5G cryptography, …)
- Hardware support (ARM, Trusted Execution Environment, Secure Element, …)
- Lightweight security mechanisms
- Smartphones OS (iOS/Android) and other lightweight OS
- Supply chain, including application stores
- Attack surface of SPDs (Mobiles, IoT, Edge)
- Forensic of SPDs (Mobiles, IoT, Edge)
- Malware and phishing specifics relating to SPDs (Mobiles, IoT, Edge)
- Security policies and their management
- Privacy and data protection
- Laws and regulations
- Domain specific issues (Industrial IoT, UAV, health devices, autonomous vehicules, …)
Keywords (all applied in the context of peripheral devices): Cybersecurity, Mobiles, Smartphone, Internet of Things (IoT), Edge Computing, Internet of Battle Things (IoBT), Internet of Military Things (IoMT), Android, iOS, 5G, 6G, LoRa, StarLink, (Lightweight) Cryptography, Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET), Device to Device (D2D) Connections, Malwares, AppStore, Forensic, Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), Secure Element (SE), Security Policies, Law, Regulation