Every year since 1997, the French Ministry of Defense organizes a cybersecurity conference, called C&ESAR. This conference is now one of the main events of the European Cyber Week (ECW) organized every fall in Rennes, Brittany, France.
The goal of C&ESAR is to bring together governmental, industrial, and academic stakeholders interested in cybersecurity. This event, both educational and scientific, gathers experts, researchers, practitioners and decision-makers. This inter-disciplinary approach allows operational practitioners to learn about and anticipate future technological inflection points, and for industry and academia to confront research and product development to operational realities. Every year, C&ESAR explores a different topic within the field of cybersecurity.
Summary of the call for papers
This year’s topic is: Cybersecurity of Smart Peripheral Devices (Mobiles / IoT / Edge).
This year’s topic is subtitled: Cybersecurity of semi-autonomous connected devices deployed at the periphery of an information system, close to its data sources and sinks.
C&ESAR solicits submissions presenting clear surveys (including SoK papers), innovative solutions, or insightful experience reports related to the cybersecurity of Smart Peripheral Devices (mobiles/IoT/Edge). The scope covers all issues related to the cybersecurity of semi-autonomous connected devices deployed at the periphery of an information system close to its data sources and sinks. Those devices include mobiles, smartphones, IoT devices, and lightweight Edge devices. The scope covers technical issues, as well as legal issues.
Main keywords include: Cybersecurity, Mobile, Smartphone, IoT, IIoT, Edge, 5G/6G, Android, iOS, Law and Regulation
- Registration of proposals (title and abstract): Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Submission of the proposals (3 to 16 pages): Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Notification of preselection to authors: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Submission of the final version: Wednesday, August 30, 2023
- 10 to 16 pages for regular papers
- 4 to 8 pages for short papers
- 3 to 6 pages for extended abstracts
- Notification of acceptation to authors: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- European Cyber Week (ECW): Tuesday, November 21, 2023 to Thursday, November 23, 2023
Authors can opt out of inclusion in any form of proceedings.
Proceedings are expected to be published by CEUR Workshop Proceedings (CEUR-WS.org).
Previous proceedings were published as: